An ellipsometer measures a change in the polarization state of light, an amplitude ratio (ψ) and the phase difference (Δ), as a result of interaction with materials. By fitting ψ and Δ to existing models, material properties, such as optical constants (n, k), the thickness of thin films, and other material parameters, can be determined.
The features of this instrument include:
– Auto sample alignment
– Angles of incidence: 65, 70, 75°
– Spectral range: 380 – 900 nm and 180 wavelengths
– Fast data acquisition: 3 – 30 s
– Beam diameter: ~ 3 mm
– Sample size: 5 mm – 200 mm
– Sample thickness: < 16 mm
Please use the iLab system to schedule time to use this equipment.